25 January 2006

Settling In

Well I´m here bumming around the school... I´m getting a free private lesson later today because I arrived late in the lesson period, which means I get my first test tomorrow also. It´s good though, because I´ll get to advance the first level in half the time (have to study a lot tonite though). Yesterday Alejandra fixed my room up for me, it was so nice of her. I got a new bed and a little TV, and even an adapter for my computer (we dont have internet though). Our apartment is really unique, my roommate thinks its hilarious that I am infinitely entertained by the ceiling. It opens up to let the fresh air in. I want one someday, haha. I´m starting to win my battle with the key to the apartment slowly but surely... It´s very tempermental though!



I´ve been hanging out with a friend from school the past two days, her name is Freya, and she is from Germany. Yesterday we went to lunch and then checked out Puerto Maduro. It´s a really nice area, I caught my first glimpse of Casa Rosada as well. Puerto Maduro is good for scenery and to see all the lights at night, but it is VERY expensive. It is near the big business district, feels like wall street or something, all big shiny buildings with suits walking out of them.



Anyways, I keep threatening to post pictures, and I swear I will. I hate bringing my camera out with me much though, and I never bring it to school because its usually really busy here (only four computers) and I feel guilty for messing with it while people wait. Better go study now like a good girl... Besos y abrazos ;)



P.S. I did finally post the pictures... the top and bottom are of our apartment and the middle is the Andes around Santiago from the airplane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel
it sounds like your adventure is off to a good start -- I love you're blogging it! I get to enjoy it virtually. Keep up the great posts.