13 February 2006

Ugh... Monday

Another week already... I can´t believe how fast the time is flying. It feels both like I just got here yesterday and like I´ve belonged here for ages. The reality of actually having to leave eventually is setting in a bit, and it doesn´t feel good. Though I do miss people back home, of course. Started back at school today with a new teacher. I like her, feels like I will finally get something done and catch up on what I´ve been lacking. Of our old group, its just me and Christopher left, but we aquired three new classmates, from Montreal, Germany, and Switzerland. Still wish I had those afternoon classes, but I´m afraid to switch now, since I do like the actual class alot and who knows what I would end up with.

Had a nice weekend, Friday after school went with a few people to a park near the zoo... It was nice to lay about for a bit and get some sun and chat. It was next to a really nice rose garden and there was a little lake with ducks and boats. I am dying to try the paddle boats, I tried to go Sunday morning, but they were still closed :-( That night we went to a very locally famous restaurant called La Cabrera. Had the biggest steak I´ve ever seen in my life for 25 pesos (about 8 dollars). It was amazing. We just sort of chilled that night in Plaza Serrano.

Saturday morning I went to go see the grave of Carlos Gardel, the father of Tango. He is hugely famous here and there is a statue of him there above his tomb in Chacarita Cemetary. He died in a plane crash in 1935 and lots of people still take pilgrimages to come see him. After that we headed back to Recoleta, and I headed home for a nap. Saturday night we had dinner at a place called Central in Hollywood, and afterwards, made our way to Opera Bay... Its a huge boliche in Puerto Madero, the newest barrio in the city. One of the rooms is completely open and right on the water, so its my kind of place to hang out. The building itself is bizarre, its modeled after the Sydney opera house. We had a blast, made our way to breakfast on Santa Fe, and then headed home. Sunday I pretty much just caught my breath, did some chores, and passed out early. I took a few pictures but my batteries are dead, so I need to go buy more before I can load them on the computer.

Besos y Abrazos

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

more cemetary visiting?? geez it sounds like a morbid place. Although the weather and cheap, monster steaks sound nice...

Anonymous said...

What about Carnaval??????

Anonymous said...

Okay Monday was last week. What is going on this week.

Anonymous said...

HEY!!

keep up!

what's the latest???

let's see some pics!

Anonymous said...

What about March? How was Uraguay?