30 January 2006

Happy Birthday to Me ;-)

Had a great first weekend here in Buenos Aires. On Friday night, I went out with the school... A suprising amount of students showed up, and we went to Puerto Madero to celebrate surviving the week´s classes. I finally got a chance to meet lots of people from here at the school, as it tends to be a little hectic at the breaks, and up until then I had really only gotten to know the people in my class. It was also my first chance to really go out and relax because I had been trying to study hard and catch up for the first few days. The nights here are crazy, finally I´ve found a city that is on my sleep schedule ;-)

Saturday was more laid back, I promised myself that for the first day in a week I wouldn´t set an alarm clock. So naturally I slept most of the day, and then dragged myself out of bed around 4. Inge, a woman in my class from Holland, also had a birthday this weekend, and we went out to dinner to celebrate on Saturday night. It was really nice, everyone from my class went together. We had a nice leisurely dinner and then hung around in Palermo for a bit. Afterwards we called it a pretty early night (for here on a weekend, about 2 o´clock).

Sunday I got to meet my roommate´s daughter, Belen. We went to the park together and browsed around the market for a bit in Recoleta. We sat around in the grass and brought things to make sandwiches for lunch. We watched some silly street performer show and then, somehow, ended up with a puppy! It is only 3 weeks old. I don´t know what will happen with that, but I have to admit, its adorable. And the idea of having it from 3 weeks to only 3 months is appealing... I never have to see her get all big, haha. I have some pictures that I will post when I get a chance.

Today we started new classes, and everything seems good so far. I am with most of the same people but have a new profesor. We worked a lot with verbs today though, which is exactly what I need and what the last level lacked. In a few minutes, I am off to Playa Peru with a few friends. It´s apparently a cafe type of place with grass and sand, but notsomuch a beach. Should be really fun though, I´m looking forward to getting outdoors some. The weather here has been oppressive hot so a bikini sounds good right about now. Tonight we are all planning to get together for dinner and cake, so it should be a nice birthday :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hippo birdies two ewes.

with lottsa love from Guess who