06 February 2006

I´m still alive I promise

Mmm so I apparently am really bad at this blogging thing. Sorry guys... I really am trying... I´ve never even been able to keep a journal, so be patient with me.

So lets see... Last weeks classes were alright. I´m not crazy about the teacher I have right now, her class is pretty boring. We´re not really getting practice speaking and improvising as much as we should be. I didn´t bother to try to make a switch though, as I only have her for another two days until the exam. I am also thinking of switching to afternoon classes because I haven´t started to like mornings any more than usual, and on top of that, everything here works on a later schedule too.

Friday and Saturday were nice, here it is a constant stream of meeting and losing people every weekend. I finally made my way over to Museo Bellas Artes, which has a nice collection of paintings. I´ve listed the website which has an online gallery of their permanent collection if you are interested.

http://www.mnba.org.ar/el_museo.php

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum from the Fine Art Museum, I also went go karting with a bunch of friends. My entire body hates me right now with a passion, I´m impossibly sore and have a big welt on my back. It was so much fun though... down here they really haul! My helmet was way too huge so I had to keep pulling it straight and trying to turn at the same time. It made for a really great time, and I think we might go back in a week or two.

Saturday was a really British day. I went to watch the England-Wales game at a pub around the block with a couple of friends from the UK and then went to curry that night before we went out. I got out to San Telmo for the first time also, to check out a boliche called Museo. Its a nice area, and this week I want to make it to a tango show and the market down there as well. I did nothing on Sunday but sleep. Today was pretty much the same, aside from the grocery and class this morning.

Alright well I hope that´s a little better... Hope I have more to report again soon. Lots of love to everyone.

No comments: